Used Chevrolet Sonic
Find a Used Chevrolet Sonic at Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Merrillville
At Mike Anderson Chevrolet we’ve got the latest Chevy Sonic in stock, but you might be interested to know more about the history of the Sonic, if you’re shopping for a gently used model. We often have used versions of the Sonic in our inventory, and sometimes even Certified Pre-Owned Sonics. Find out more about the history of this efficient, affordable small car below.
Used Chevy Sonic
The Sonic debuted in 2012. For the most part, it hasn’t changed all that much since that model year. The Sonic is a subcompact car that has been sold in both sedan and hatchback configurations. In general the Sonic has been widely praised for offering remarkable fuel economy, a versatile interior, and a pair of powerful engine options. The Sonic is still in its first generation.
The Sonic can be had with one of two different engines:
- The base Sonic uses a 1.8L four-cylinder engine that produces 138 hp and 125 lb-ft of torque. The Sonic with this engine is capable of up to 26 mpg city/35 mpg highway with the manual transmission or 24 mpg city/35 mpg highway with the automatic transmission.
- The Sonic can be had with a 1.4L four-cylinder turbocharged engine good for 138 hp and 148 lb-ft of torque. This engine is not only more powerful—it’s also more efficient. It earns an EPA rating of 29 mpg city/40 mpg highway with the manual transmission, and up to 27 mpg city/37 mpg highway with the automatic.
The Sonic has been one of the most affordable cars on the market since its inception, but it has also offered many premium features unusual in this class. Some of the highlights that have been present in most, but not all trim levels, include:
- Automatic headlights
- Air conditioning
- Remote keyless entry
- 4G LTE connectivity with in-car WiFi hotspot
- Mirrors with integrated blind spot coverage
- Bluetooth integration for smartphone connectivity
- OnStar telematics with automatic collision notification
- The MyLink infotainment system
The Sonic, depending on the year, has been available with features like lane departure warning system, a forward collision alert system, hated seats, a rearview camera, and more.
Visit Mike Anderson Chevrolet in Merrillville
Find a used Sonic here at your leading Gary area Chevy dealership, Mike Anderson Chevrolet. We’re just a few minutes away from Gary at 1550 E. 61st Ave. in Merrillville, IN, so stop by to find the pre-owned car that fits your needs.