Which is America’s Best Truck?
Whether you need a truck to take to work or use as your everyday drive, there’s only one model that’s best for your needs. We’ve compared three of the most popular American pickup trucks available to drivers in the Merrillville, IN area: the Chevy Silverado 1500, Ford F-150, and Ram 1500. Read on to learn more about each of these models as we cover performance specs, interior options, technology features, and more.
For this comparison, we’ll be taking a look at the 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 Crew Cab, starting at $50,235 MSRP*, the 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, starting at $47,535 MSRP*, and the 2017 Ram 1500 Rebel Crew Cab, starting at $48,590 MSRP*.
Have any questions? Give Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Merrillville a ring at (219) 947-4151.
As you can see in the table below, the Chevy Silverado 1500 has a leg up on the other two models as far as performance goes.
|Vehicle||2017 Chevy Silverado 1500||2017 Ford F-150||2017 Ram 1500|
|Engine||5.3L EcoTec8 V8||2.6L V6||3.6L V6|
|Horsepower||355 HP @ 5,600 RPM||325 HP @ 5,750 RPM||305 HP @ 6,400 RPM|
|Transmission||6-speed automatic||6-speed automatic||8-speed automatic|
|Torque||383 lb.-ft. @ 4,100 RPM||375 lb.-ft. @ 3,000 RPM||269 lb.-ft. @ 4,175 RPM|
Wondering how an American pickup truck can supplement your routine? Check out the interior features and technology options of the Chevy Silverado 1500, Ford F-150, and Ram 1500 to see which best aligns with your needs.
- Triple-seal inlaid doors and aerodynamic windshield in the Chevy Silverado 1500 for reduced noise in the cabin; not available with the Ford F-150 and Ram 1500
- Wireless charging standard with the Chevy Silverado 1500; not available on the Ford F-150 and Ram 1500
- Chevrolet MyLink® infotainment system equipped on the Silverado 1500; similar but less impressive infotainment systems come with Ford F-150 and Ram 1500
From design aspects to your safety, these pickup trucks offer incredible safety and exterior features. We think, however, that the 2017 Chevy Silverado HD offers much better options than its competitors.
- All models feature a high-strength steel truck bed
- Silverado 1500 comes with a full LED lighting package; LED lighting is also available on the Ford F-150 and Ram 1500
- Limited trial of OnStar® Automatic Crash Response standard with only the Chevy Silverado 1500
Why Choose Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Merrillville?
Getting into a new Chevy Silverado 1500 doesn’t have to be difficult. In fact, the finance center team at our Chevy dealership in Merrillville, IN will help you find a fantastic auto loan or lease that works perfectly with your budget. We also have new Chevy offers and incentives so you can get an even better deal on the Silverado 1500 trim package you’ve had your eye on.
Have you decided on the 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500? Check out the new vehicle inventory for availability, and then schedule a test drive. For more information on the new Silverado 1500, contact our Chevy dealership in Merrillville, IN by calling (219) 947-4151 or by sending us a message.