2020 Chevy Traverse vs. 2019 Ford Explorer Differences near Schererville, IN
Are you looking for a new SUV to fit the whole family, but feel overwhelmed by all of your options? Our team has made choosing a new SUV easy with our 2020 Chevy Traverse vs. 2019 Ford Explorer comparison. Here, you will learn about the similarities and differences between each model to help make your decision an easy one
Once you’ve finished reading through this comparison, check out the new vehicle inventory at our Chevy dealership near Schererville, IN, for available 2020 Traverse trims. For additional information or to schedule a test drive, contact Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Merrillville online or by calling (219) 947-4151.
In this comparison, we’ll be taking a look at the 2020 Chevy Traverse RS, starting at $44,795 MSRP, and 2019 Ford Explorer Sport, starting at $46,625 MSRP.
You’ll be more than impressed with the performances the 2020 Chevy Traverse and 2019 Ford Explorer deliver. The Traverse is equipped with a 3.6L V6 engine, while the Explorer comes with a 3.5L V6 engine, with both having the ability to tow up to 5,000 lbs. when properly equipped. What sets these models apart is the Traverse’s nine-speed automatic transmission, which is standard throughout the trim lineup. The 2019 Ford Explorer is equipped with a six-speed automatic transmission. Additional Traverse performance features include:
- Front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive
- Automatic stop/start
- Ride and handling suspension
- Traction mode select
2020 Chevy Traverse
The 2020 Chevy Traverse and 2019 Ford Explorer share a host of excellent features, including a leather-wrapped steering wheel, leather seats, and heated front seats. However, there are a few features and elements that make the Chevy Traverse a better pick for your daily drive.
- The Traverse has seating for up to eight passengers, while the Explorer can only seat up to seven.
- You’ll get a total of 98.2 cu.-ft. of cargo space in the Traverse and only 81.7 cu.-ft. of cargo space in the Explorer.
- Tri-zone automatic climate control is standard on the Traverse, while dual-zone automatic climate control is standard on the Explorer.
Stay entertained and informed with technology features available on the 2020 Chevy Traverse and 2019 Ford Explorer. SiriusXM® satellite radio and Bluetooth® technology are top tech features on both of these SUV models. Additional technology exclusive to the 2020 Chevy Traverse include::
- Bose® premium audio system
- Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Premium system with navigation and HD color touchscreen
- Rear seat infotainment system with or without DVD player
Rest assured knowing you’re protected in the 2020 Chevy Traverse and 2019 Ford Explorer. Both vehicles feature an advanced airbag system, tire pressure monitoring system, and LED lighting for your safety. The Traverse also includes other safety features to ensure your peace of mind, including:
- Lane change alert with side blind zone alert
- Lane keep assist with lane departure warning
- Rear park assist
- HD surround vision camera
- Following distance indicator
- Forward collision warning
- Front pedestrian