2019 Chevy Equinox vs Toyota RAV4 Differences near Gary, IN
Have you been searching for the perfect new small SUV, but don’t know what your current options are? We understand that the number of vehicles in this segment can feel overwhelming and make your decision difficult, so we’ve compared two of the most sought-after models for you. Learn more about the 2019 Chevy Equinox and 2019 Toyota RAV4 in our in-depth comparison below. Should you find yourself interested, check out the new vehicle inventory at our Chevy dealership near Gary, IN, and learn more about the Chevy Equinox here.
In this comparison, we’ll be taking a look at the 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier 1.6L Turbo Diesel, starting at $34,395 MSRP, and 2019 Toyota RAV4 Limited, starting at $33,500 MSRP.
Perhaps the most significant difference between the Chevy Equinox and Toyota RAV4 is their engine. The Chevy Equinox is equipped with a 1.6L turbo-diesel 4-cylinder engine, which gets up to 39 highway MPG. The RAV4 has a 2.5L 4-cylinder gas engine, which only gets up to 35 highway MPG. Both vehicles are optional with either front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive depending on your driving style and needs.
Interior & Exterior Features
From comfort to style, the Equinox and RAV4 have so much to offer. However, there are some options that only the 2019 Chevy Equinox can offer. See the differences between interior and exterior Equinox and RAV4 features below.
- The 4.2-in. diagonal multi-color driver information screen is standard on only the Equinox.
- An 8-way adjustable driver’s seat is available on the Equinox while the RAV4 comes with a 6-way driver’s seat.
- The acoustic laminated windshield helps keep out traffic noise on the Equinox. This is not available on the RAV4.
- Chrome roof rails come with the Equinox while the RAV4 comes with black roof rails.
Technology & Safety Features
Modern drivers require advanced technology within their vehicle, and there’s certainly no shortage of it in the 2019 Chevy Equinox and Toyota RAV4. Explore top differences in the following list.
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi® is standard on the Equinox exclusively. A similar, but less impressive Wi-Fi connection is optional on the RAV4.
- The Chevrolet Infotainment 3 premium system is standard on the Equinox.
- Both vehicles come with a rear vision camera, but the HD rear vision camera on the Equinox provides better quality images for a safer drive.
Test Drive the 2019 Chevy Equinox near Gary, IN
Get behind the wheel of the new Equinox when you schedule a test drive at our Chevy dealership near Gary, IN today! For more information on the Equinox, contact a Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Merrillville team member by sending a message or calling (219) 947-4151.