2019 Chevy Equinox vs Mazda CX-5 Differences near Hammond, IN
Do you have your eye on the new 2019 Chevy Equinox and Mazda CX-5, but can’t decide which one will work best for your needs? Check out the in-depth research provided by Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Merrillville. Here, you’ll learn about the main differences between these models so you can make an informed decision.
Learn more about the 2019 Chevy Equinox here, and don’t forget to check out the new Equinox inventory at our Chevy dealership near Hammond, IN, for available trims.
In this comparison, we’ll be taking a look at the 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier 2.0L Turbo, starting at $35,095 MSRP, and 2019 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring, starting at $30,045 MSRP.
When it comes to performance, we’re sure you’ll love what these vehicles will have to offer. But if you’re looking for a burst of energy during every daily drive, select the 2019 Chevy Equinox. Its 2.0L turbo 4-cylinder engine delivers 252 HP and 260 lb.-ft. of torque, while the Mazda CX-5 only delivers 187 HP and 186 lb.-ft. of torque. The Equinox is also equipped with a 9-speed automatic transmission while the Mazda CX-5 comes with a 6-speed automatic transmission. Both vehicles are available with front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive, depending on your preferences.
The Chevy Equinox and Mazda CX-5 have been crafted to meet your every demand, but because no two vehicles are alike, only one will have features that speak to you. Explore key interior differences on the 2019 Chevy Equinox and Mazda CX-5 below.
- Heated front seats are standard on both models, but only the Equinox is optional with ventilated front seats.
- A heated steering wheel is standard on only the Chevy Equinox. Both vehicles do come with a leather-wrapped steering wheel for extra luxury.
- While both vehicles come with carpeted floor mats, the Equinox gives you the option to include all-weather floor mats for added interior protection.
Technology & Safety
Stay connected and protected with the Chevy Equinox and Mazda CX-5. Both vehicles certainly provide the features you’re looking for, but the Equinox has a few more that you won’t find on the CX-5.
- Wireless charging is standard on only the Chevy Equinox.
- The 4G LTE Wi-Fi® hot spot is also standard on only the Chevy Equinox.
- Teen Driver technology, exclusive to the Equinox, allows you to set up parental controls when your new driver is behind the wheel.
Schedule a Test Drive at Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Merrillville
Get behind the wheel of the new Equinox at Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Merrillville when you schedule a test drive. For more information on the Equinox, contact our Chevy dealership near Hammond, IN, by sending a message or calling (219) 947-4151.