2019 Chevy Equinox vs Hyundai Tucson Differences near Hammond, IN
Have you been on the search for a new compact SUV, but feel overwhelmed by all of your choices? Our team has paired down the options for you! We’re comparing the 2019 Chevy Equinox and 2019 Hyundai Tucson, two of the most popular models in this segment, to help you come to a decision with ease. If you want to learn more about the Equinox, explore additional information Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Merrillville has provided. You can also browse the new vehicle inventory at our Chevy dealership near Hammond, IN, for available Equinox trims.
In this comparison, we’ll be looking at the 2019 Chevy Equinox LT 2.0L Turbo, starting at $30,895 MSRP, and 2019 Hyundai Tucson Sport, starting at $27,700 MSRP.
Under the hood of the 2019 Chevy Equinox, you’ll find the 2.0L turbo 4-cylinder engine, which delivers 252 HP and 260 lb.-ft. of torque. This is significant considering the Hyundai Tucson’s 2.4L 4-cylinder engine only delivers 181 HP and 175 lb.-ft. of torque. Additionally, the Equinox is equipped with a 9-speed transmission while the Tucson has a 6-speed automatic transmission. Both vehicles are standard with front-wheel drive and optional with all-wheel drive.
Interior & Exterior Features
Whether you need comfort or style for your daily drive, the Chevy Equinox and Hyundai Tucson have what you’re looking for. However, you’ll find a few features that are standard on only the Equinox.
- An 8-way power driver’s seat is standard on both vehicles, but the Equinox comes with a 4-way manual adjustable passenger seat, which is unavailable on the Tucson.
- The acoustic laminated windshield is standard on only the Chevy Equinox.
- High-intensity discharge headlamps are also standard on only the Chevy Equinox.
Technology & Safety
From driver assist features to advanced technology, explore what you can find within the 2019 Chevy Equinox and Hyundai Tucson in the list that follows.
- Only the Chevy Equinox is equipped with a 4G LTE Wi-Fi® hotspot.
- Teen Driver technology is exclusive to the Chevy Equinox.
- The HD Rear Vision Camera is optional on only the Chevy Equinox as well.
Schedule a Test Drive at Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Merrillville
If you’ve decided on the Equinox, schedule a test drive at our Chevy dealership near Hammond, IN, to experience it for yourself. Don’t hesitate to contact the Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Merrillville team by sending a message or calling (219) 947-4151.