The 2016 Chevrolet Equinox vs. The 2016 Ford Escape
2016 Chevrolet Equinox
2016 Ford Escape
You’re looking for a compact crossover in the Merrillville area, and you’ve narrowed it down to the 2016 Chevrolet Equinox and the 2016 Ford Escape, you’ve made a couple of solid choices, but when you start to look a little closer and compare these vehicles, you’ll see that one of them comes out the clear winner.
- Fuel Economy: The Ford Escape in base configuration earns a relatively admirable fuel economy estimate from the EPA of 22 mpg city/31 mpg highway, according to the EPA. The Equinox does better with 22 mpg city/32 mpg highway, with front wheel drive and the base four-cylinder engine. It’s clear that the Equinox is your pick for more miles per gallon.
- Power: The Ford Escape makes 168 hp and 170 lb-ft of torque in the base configuration. The Chevy Equinox gets a 2.4L four-cylinder engine that makes 182 hp and 172 lb-ft of torque. Plus the Equinox can be had with a 301 hp 3.6L V6 that’s more powerful than any engine available on the Escape.
- Features and Options: If you choose the Equinox, you’ll find you get standard features like automatic collision notification, stolen vehicle assistance, enhanced roadside assistance, and in-car 4G LTE wireless connectivity and WiFi hotspot, all as part of the OnStar system. None of that will come standard on the Escape.
- Warranty: The Equinox is covered by the standard Chevrolet warranty of 100,000-miles/5-years of powertrain coverage and roadside assistance. Ford will only back the powertrain on the Escape for 60,000 miles, and cover you for roadside assistance for the same. Chevy also gives you two years of complimentary standard maintenance—two more years than the Ford comes with!
- Price: The Chevrolet Equinox starts at $23,495 MSRP while the Ford Escape starts at $24,485 MSRP. Do you think that the Escape is worth a thousand dollars more than the Equinox?
Visit Mike Anderson Chevrolet
Come check out the latest Chevy Equinox here at your leading local Gary area Chevy dealer. Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Merrillville is located just off I-65 at 1550 E. 61st Ave. in Merrillville, IN, so come visit us today!