2016 Chevrolet Silverado vs. 2016 Ford F-150
2016 Chevrolet Silverado
2016 Ford F-150
The 2016 Chevy Silverado and the 2016 Ford F-150 are two top selling, hard-working pickups, and both provide the latest features, up-to-date powertrains, and plenty of capability. Find out which one should find its way into your garage with this detailed comparison.
- Fuel Economy: While these cars are both offered in a wide variety of configurations, the Silverado beats the F-150 when it comes to fuel economy with a V8 engine. Chevy’s 5.3L V8 earns an EPA estimate of 19 mpg combined with rear-wheel drive, and 18 mpg combined with all-wheel drive. The F-150 sits at 18 and 17 mpg respectively.
- Power: The same goes for V8 power. The Ford F-150 can be had with a 5.0L V8 engine to produce 385 hp and 387 lb-ft of torque, but the Silverado is available with a burly 6.2L V8 that churns out 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- Towing: And, with those powerful V8 engines, you can expect a lot of towing capacity, but you’ll find more in the Silverado. The 6.2L V8 equipped Silverado can tow up to 12,000 pounds, while the F-150 with 5.0L V8 can tow a total of 11,100 pounds when properly equipped.
- Measurements: Compare crew cab models of these pickups, and you’ll find that the Chevrolet Silverado offers leg room in both rows, and more head room up front, when compared to the Ford F-150.
- Features: The Silverado offers the high tech OnStar telematics system with 4G LTE connection and in-car WiFi hotspot. While the Ford SYNC telematics system does offer some similar features when compared to OnStar, like automatic collision notification, it does not offer in-car WiFi or 4G LTE connectivity.
Visit Mike Anderson Chevrolet
Come check out the latest Chevrolet Silverado at 1550 E. 61st Ave. in Merrillville, IN. If you’re looking for a hardworking, reliable, and efficient pickup, then you’ve come to the right place. We have many configurations of the Silverado in stock, and we also have new Chevy Colorado as well. Visit us today to find the truck that’s right for you.