2016 Chevrolet Sonic vs 2016 Ford Fiesta
If you’re shopping for a subcompact hatchback, in the Merrillville and Gary area, then you may have narrowed down your options to 2016 Chevrolet Sonic and the 2016 Ford Fiesta. These two small American cars both boast plenty of features and big fuel economy – at a modest price. If you’re trying to decide between these two cars then you should definitely take a look at this comparison to see which one is the better option for you.
- Fuel Economy: The base Ford Fiesta is equipped with a 1.6L four-cylinder engine that earns an EPA rating of 28 mpg city/36 mpg highway. The Sonic equipped with 1.4L turbocharged four-cylinder earns an impressive 27 mpg city/37 mpg highway, based on EPA estimates with the automatic transmission.
- Power: The base Fiesta engine generates 120 hp and 112 lb-ft of torque. The available 1.4L turbocharged four-cylinder engine in the Sonic makes 138 hp and 148 lb-ft of torque. The base Sonic gets a 1.8L four-cylinder that also makes more power at 138 hp and 125 lb-ft of torque. The Sonic clearly wins out when it comes to performance as well.
- Warranty Coverage: Ford offers 60,000-miles/5-years of powertrain warranty coverage. The Chevrolet powertrain warranty lasts longer at 100,000-miles/5-years. Both manufacturers offer roadside assistance for the length of their powertrain warranties.
- Maintenance: The Sonic comes standard with two years of included maintenance. The Ford Fiesta now includes maintenance service, as well.
- Technology: The Sonic comes standard with the latest OnStar system with telematics features like automatic emergency notification and remote door unlocking, plus the new 4G LTE wireless connectivity with in-car WiFi hotspot. The Ford does not come with any of those features.
- Price: The most affordable Chevrolet Sonic starts at $14,345 MSRP. The Ford Fiesta is priced from $14,580 MSRP. While that’s not much of a difference, it is clear that the Ford Fiesta is more expensive than the Sonic.
Visit Mike Anderson Chevy in Merrillville
You’re welcome to come drive the latest Chevrolet Sonic right here at Mike Anderson Chevrolet in Merrillville. We’re just a few minutes away from Gary at 1550 East 61st Avenue in Merrillville, IN. Visit us to drive the Sonic and see for yourself why it’s the winning car in this comparison.