2016 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray vs. 2015 Audi R8
The 2016 Chevy Corvette Stingray and the 2016 Audi R8 both provide world-class performance in an aggressive, track-ready package. You might be surprised that they’re both also easy to live with on a day-to-day basis, despite their hard-edged performance qualifications.
- Power: The Corvette Stingray makes 460 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque with standard 6.2L V8 and sport exhaust, while the Corvette Z06 thunders out 650 hp and 650 lb-ft of torque with its supercharged 6.2L V8. The R8 comes with a 4.2L V8 that produces 430 hp and 317 lb-ft of torque standard, while a 5.2L V10 is available good for up to 570 hp and 398 lb-ft of torque. It’s clear the Corvette makes more muscle.
- Performance: The Corvette Z06 can go from 0 to 60 mph in 3.0 seconds. The Audi R8 will do 0 to 60 mph sprint in 3.2 seconds in the fastest trim level. While both are world-class sprint times, the Corvette is clearly faster.
- Fuel: The most efficient Audi R8 with 4.2L V8 and manual transmission sits at 14 mpg city/23 mpg highway based on EPA estimates. The base Corvette earns up to 17 mpg city/29 mpg highway based on EPA estimates with the base engine and manual transmission.
- Price: The 2016 Corvette Stingray has a starting MSRP of $55,400. The 2016 Audi R8 starts at $115,900—more than twice the price of the Corvette!
- Warranty: Chevrolet will cover your Corvette powertrain for 5-years/60,000-miles, and the same goes for roadside assistance. The Audi R8 is only backed by a 50,000-mile/4-year powertrain warranty and roadside assistance package.
- Maintenance: The Chevy comes with a two year included maintenance package, while the Audi comes with a 1-year warranty package.
Visit Mike Anderson Chevrolet
You can find out more about the latest Corvette here at Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Merrillville. We’re your local Gary and Highland area Chevy dealer, and we’re located at 1550 E. 61st Ave. in Merrillville, IN. Visit us today to test drive the latest Chevy Corvette—we think you’ll agree that it’s the better car and the better value when compared to the competition!