2015 Chevrolet Silverado vs. 2015 Ford F-150
2015 Chevrolet Silverado
2015 Ford F-150
Drivers in the Merrillville area want a pickup that provides power, efficiency, reliability, and the latest technology. Both the 2015 Chevy Silverado and the 2015 Ford F-150 claim to do just that. The question is—which one is the better buy? You can find out below:
- Fuel Economy: The base V6 in both of these full size trucks offers an impressive 20 mpg combined with rear wheel drive or 19 mpg combined with all-wheel drive, according to EPA estimates. When you pick the V8 version of the Ford, the EPA says it will earn 18 mpg combined or 17 mpg combined with all-wheel drive. The V8 powered Silverado earns a superior 19 mpg combined with front wheel drive and 18 mpg combined with all-wheel drive. The Silverado clearly wins when it comes to fuel economy.
- Power: The Silverado is available with a big 6.2L V8 that cranks out 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque. The biggest V8 in the Ford is a 5.0L engine that only makes 385 hp and 387 lb-ft of torque. The V8 equipped Silverado simply cranks out more power.
- Towing: The V8 powered Silverado is able to pull up to 12,000 pounds—that’s six tons—when properly equipped. The V8 equipped Ford F-150 is only able to pull up to 11,300 pounds.
- Safety: When it comes to safety, the Silverado wins out once again. The Chevrolet Silverado is rated at the best possible five-stars overall based on NHTSA testing. The Ford F-150 is only rated at four-stars overall.
- Features: The Silverado gets OnStar telematics and 4G LTE wireless connectivity system with in-car WiFi hotspot. There’s nothing like that available on the latest F-150. Otherwise, both models are available with a wide array of features and options to customize your truck.
Visit Mike Anderson Chevrolet
At Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Merrillville, we have the latest Silverado in stock now at our dealership at 1550 E. 61st Ave., in Merrillville, IN. If you’re looking for a hardworking, reliable, efficient truck then you’ve found it, so come visit us today!