2015 Chevrolet Equinox vs 2015 Ford Escape
2015 Chevrolet Equinox
2015 Ford Escape
While the compact crossover segment might be increasingly competitive, two top choices emerge for many Merrillville and Highland drivers: the 2015 Chevrolet Equinox and the 2015 Ford Escape. These two vehicles provide versatile, efficient transportation for families everywhere. So which one is a better choice for your needs? We’re here to help you find out.
- Fuel Economy: When it comes to fuel economy—a top concern for many drivers—the Equinox clocked in at 22 mpg city/32 mpg highway, with front wheel drive and the base four-cylinder engine, in EPA estimates. The Escape with base engine and front wheel drive only achieved 22 mpg city/31 mpg highway, according to the EPA. The Equinox is the obvious choice in this matchup, if fuel economy is a priority.
- Power: The two vehicles both come with four-cylinder engines in the base models. The Equinox comes with a 2.4L four-cylinder engine that makes 182 hp and 172 lb-ft of torque, while the Escape’s engine only produces168 hp and 170 lb-ft of torque. That power will no doubt come in handy when you’re hauling your family and their luggage onto the highway.
- Features and Options: The Equinox comes standard with an OnStar telematics system that gives you emergency collision notification and enhanced roadside assistance, remote vehicle unlocking, stolen vehicle assistance, and more. Ford simply doesn’t offer telematics. The Equinox even comes with the latest OnStar 4G LTE wireless connectivity with in-car WiFi hotspot—something that you can’t get in the Ford.
- Warranty: The Equinox also provides more warranty coverage with up to 100,000-miles/5-years of powertrain coverage and roadside assistance. Ford only provides 60,000 miles of both. Chevrolet also gives you two years of complimentary maintenance—a huge bonus.
- Price: The Chevrolet Equinox starts at $22,120 MSRP, while the Ford Escape starts at $23,450 MSRP.
Visit Mike Anderson Chevrolet
We’ve got the new Chevy Equinox in stock now at Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Merrillville, your leading Gary area Chevy dealer. We’re just off I-65 at 1550 E. 61st Ave. in Merrillville, IN, so come visit us today if you want to see why the Equinox is the perfect vehicle for your family!