2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray vs. 2015 Porsche Cayman
2015 Chevy Corvette Stingray
2015 Porsche Cayman
The 2015 Chevy Corvette Stingray and the 2015 Porsche Cayman are both world-class sports cars that should satisfy most drivers. They’re also both practically performance bargains—while there are more expensive cars, few vehicles will provide as much pure driving pleasure as these two models. So which one should you choose for your next sports car? Find out below:
- Power: Quite simply, the Corvette makes a lot more power than any model of the Porsche Cayman. The Corvette Stingray makes 460 hp with the optional sport exhaust and the Corvette Z06 makes a massive 650 hp. The Cayman GT4, the top tier Cayman, only makes 385 hp.
- Performance: The Porsche Cayman GT4, once again the fastest Cayman, is capable of sprinting from 0 to 60 mph in only 4.2 seconds—that’s impressive. Unfortunately, it doesn’t come even close to the supercar performance of the Corvette, which will hit 60 mph in 4.0 seconds in the Z51 trim, or an astonishing 3 seconds flat in the Z06 trim.
- Fuel: While you might expect the Corvette to suffer in the fuel economy department, thanks to its huge V8 engines, it doesn’t lose by much when compared to the Porsche. The Cayman is capable of up to 32 mpg highway based on EPA estimates in the 275 hp base model, while the Corvette is good for up to 29 mpg highway—with 450 hp on tap.
- Price: The Corvette has a starting MSRP of $51,995 while the Porsche Cayman starts at $53,550 MSRP. It’s hard to justify that premium on the Cayman when the Corvette clearly provides more performance.
- Warranty: Chevy offers a superior warranty on the Corvette, with a powertrain warranty that covers the engine and transmission for 5-years/100,000 miles. The Porsche powertrain is only covered for 4-years/50,000-miles.
Visit Mike Anderson Chevrolet
If you’re looking for the best performance car at any price then don’t miss out on the Chevy Corvette, America’s favorite supercar. You can test drive the Corvette here at Mike Anderson Chevrolet at 1550 E. 61st Ave. in Merrillville, IN. We’re just a 15-minute drive south of Gary on I-65 and we hope to see you soon!