Chevrolet Teen Safety Technology
Is your teen headed out on the road alone for the first time, freshly printed driver’s license in hand? All parents have worrying about their teenager in common, so why not keep your new driver safer and maintain your peace of mind with the teen safety-based technologies equipped in many Chevrolet cars, trucks, and SUVs? Read on to explore the safety features and advancements that are part of Chevrolet Teen Driver Technology.
Give our dealership near Hobart, IN a call at (219) 947-4151 with any initial questions you may have about Teen Driver Technology.
Chevrolet Teen Driver Technology
Because only 55 percent of high school students wear seatbelts when riding with someone else and the fact that teens are more likely to speed than older drivers, Teen Driver Technology from Chevy is a must-have for young drivers in the Hobart, IN area. Check out the available teen safety technology from Chevy below.
- Active safety features like Side Blind Zone Alert, Forward Collision Alert and Front Automatic Braking are automatically turned on upon engine start up.
- All audio is muted until front seat occupants are buckled.
- An in-vehicle report card is available on the infotainment screen to identify how your teen driver is doing and areas in which they can improve.
- Custom alerts can be set when the vehicle is traveling over a preselected speed. You can also limit the maximum speed to 85 MPH.
- Additionally, you can set an audio limit so your teen can focus on the road instead of the radio.
- Track how far your teenager has travelled via the in-vehicle report card.
Safe Driving Habits
While Teen Driver Technology features help your teenager out on the open road, they must absolutely take on safe driving habits for a lifetime of successful driving. Chevrolet promotes the education of safe driving habits and we have a few to pass on to your teen to stay safe on Hobart, IN area roads and beyond.
- Put all your focus on driving. Tuck away that cell phone and keep your eyes on the road.
- Obey all traffic laws and speed limits, like making full stops at stop signs and always using your turn signal.
- Adjust your mirrors and seating before heading out on your journey.
- Drive defensively and be aware of how other motorists around you are driving. If you notice any erratic behavior, keep your distance and pass them if possible.
Why Choose Mike Anderson Chevrolet of Merrillville?
Check out our new vehicle inventory for available models with teen safety technology. We also have new vehicle offers and incentives available for you to take advantage of.
Visit Mike Anderson of Merrillville Today!
For more information on Teen Driver Technology from Chevrolet, contact our dealership serving Hobart, IN by sending us a message online.